Registration is between 09:00 and 09:40 and the event concludes 16:40
ETC.Venues Manchester, 11 Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3HU. Tel: 0161 302 8888
Keeping Safe Protocols:
We are delighted to be welcoming you back to our face-to-face Child Protection in Education 2021 conference at ETC Venues, Manchester on 30th September 2021. We would like to assure you that we are working with the venue to ensure as far as we are able the safety of all those involved with our event.
Please see below the protocols that will be in place to support this.
- On arrival all guests are kindly asked to use the available sanitizers.
- We would request you use face coverings when in public areas. Once inside our event, or eating and drinking, these can be removed. Thank you for your support with this, it is in place for the safety and confidence of all.
- In line with the government advice relating to Step 4 in its roadmap, we are requesting all visitors to show evidence of either a negative lateral flow test dated within 48 hours of attendance (reported on the Government website & displayed via text or via the NHS app) or proof of double vaccination no less than 14 days before attendance (displayed via the NHS app or NHS website).
- The onsite team will be in the lift lobby area and will use the NHS Covid pass Verifier app to check your QR codes.
- To minimise congestion please ensure you register for the app prior to the event and have your QR codes or text available for review as you approach the lift lobby area. Please note the NHS app is not the same as the contact tracing app that is used to check into venues.
The ETC Venue continues to operate enhanced measures as detailed below:
- Enhanced Cleaning Regimes
- Continued use of the Electrostatic Fogger that instantly kills germs inc Covid on furniture / carpets / chairs
- Team Member Flow Testing minimum of twice per week
- Team Member Temperature Checks on arrival to work
- Team Members wearing masks when moving about Public Spaces and/or serving food
Arriving by train:
Manchester Piccadilly Station – approx. 5 minute walk - Exit the station toward Piccadilly. Once outside walk across the silver arched pedestrian bridge following the pavement down to street level keeping the Doubletree hotel to your right. Cross over Ducie Street and up Aytoun Street following the tram tracks slightly uphill keeping and passing the Holiday Inn on your right. At the Junction with Portland Street cross Aytoun Street and the entrance to 11 Portland Street is directly in front of you
Manchester Victoria Station - This is a 15 minute walk so we would recommend that you take the Metrolink tram in the direction of Piccadilly. Alight at Piccadilly Gardens. Cross over the road towards the Slug and Lettuce so it is facing you, turn left and walk to the end of the street, the entrance is on this corner where Portland Street meets Aytoun Street.
Arriving by bus and Tram:
Piccadilly Gardens – approx. 2 minute walk - This is a main transport hub for Metrolink trams and buses
The venue works in collaboration with local NCP’s to offer discounted parking, clients can request discount tickets (subject to availability) on departure at the etc.venues Manchester reception desk on the 8th floor. The NCPs with agreed discounts are:
Manchester Chorlton Street NCP Chorlton Street, M1 3FY – 572 spaces
Manchester Piccadilly Plaza NCP New York Street, Manchester, M1 4AJ – 160 spaces
All these car parks are pay on exit.